Cloud computing and infrastructure have become the backbone of modern businesses, providing scalability, flexibility, and cost-effectiveness. Since its inception, it has seen significant investments by big giants like IBM, Microsoft, and Google, highlighting the need to expedite the adoption and enablement of simpler connectivity for cloud infrastructure. But, just like any other infrastructure, the cloud needs to be supported and maintained to benefit an organization. However, building and managing applications on the cloud often requires specialized coding skills, which can be a barrier for many organizations.
This is where Low-code/No-code (LCNC) platforms come into play. In recent years, the landscape of cloud and infrastructure management has undergone a revolutionary transformation with the advent of LCNC tools. Platforms like QuickApps, Microsoft Power Apps, ServiceNow, and Oracle Apex have empowered businesses and developers to streamline application deployment, scaling, and maintenance without extensive coding expertise. Traditional cloud resource management methods often require skilled IT professionals to write complex scripts and configure intricate settings. However, with LCNC tools, the barriers to entry have been significantly lowered, allowing a broader range of users to harness the power of the cloud.
The Rise of Low-code/No-code (LCNC) Platforms
“By 2024, low/no-code application development will be responsible for more than 65% of application development activity.”
LCNC tools provide intuitive graphical interfaces that mitigate the complexities of infrastructure management, enabling users to design and configure the cloud environments visually. This democratization of cloud resources has unleashed a wave of creativity and productivity across various industries. Business stakeholders, developers, and even non-technical business users can now actively participate in the development and deployment process. While LCNC tools offer ease of use, they do not compromise flexibility and scalability. Users can still customize and fine-tune their cloud resources to meet specific requirements, all within a user-friendly environment.
The Advantages of Low-code and No-code (LCNC) Platforms in Cloud Infrastructure
LCNC platforms are simplifying application development and management, even for users with limited coding expertise. Let us delve deeper into the benefits of these platforms in the context of cloud infrastructure:
- Accelerates Development Process: LCNC platforms such as QuickApps and Microsoft Power Apps provide visual design tools, pre-configured templates, and drag-and-drop functionality. These features significantly speed up the development process, allowing businesses to build applications in a fraction of the time required for traditional coding. The agility provided by LCNC platforms enables organizations to respond quickly to market demands and gain a competitive edge.
- Increases Accessibility: LCNC platforms democratize software development by removing the coding barrier. Individuals from various backgrounds, including non-technical business users, can actively participate in creating applications. This increased accessibility fosters collaboration and empowers teams to contribute to the development process, reducing the burden on IT departments.
- Delivers Cost-effectiveness: LCNC platforms offer cost savings by reducing the reliance on dedicated development resources. Organizations can allocate their budgets to other strategic initiatives since applications can be created without extensive coding. Moreover, cloud infrastructure itself provides cost advantages by eliminating the need for on-premises hardware and software maintenance.
- Enables DevOps Success: LCNC platforms play a crucial role in enabling DevOps success by allowing development teams to build, test, and fix issues faster. Since coding is not required, desired changes in the application can be implemented swiftly, thus accelerating the time to market.
Real-World Use Cases of LCNC Platforms in Cloud Infrastructure
- Process Automation: LCNC platforms enable businesses to automate repetitive and manual processes, improving operational efficiency. For example, a marketing team can use LCNC tools to build a custom application for automating lead nurturing and email campaigns without relying on IT resources. By automating these processes, organizations can reduce human error, save time, and allocate resources to value-added activities.
- Internal Tools and Workflows: LCNC platforms empower departments to create tailored internal tools and workflows, enhancing productivity. HR teams can build employee onboarding portals, project managers can create task management applications, and customer support teams can develop ticketing systems without extensive coding skills. These customized solutions improve internal operations, streamline workflows, and drive employee engagement.
- Rapid Prototyping and MVP Development: LCNC platforms are ideal for rapid prototyping and Minimum Viable Product (MVP) development. Organizations can quickly create functional prototypes and MVPs using LCNC tools, gather user feedback, validate ideas, and iterate on their product offerings. This approach allows for faster time-to-market and reduces the risk of investing significant resources into ideas that may not resonate with the target audience.
Cloud Infrastructure Transformation with AgreeYa
LCNC platforms are transforming the cloud infrastructure landscape by enabling businesses to leverage the benefits of the cloud without extensive coding expertise. With accelerated development cycles, increased accessibility, and cost-effectiveness, these platforms provide organizations with a competitive edge. As a Microsoft Solutions Provider, AgreeYa has been helping organizations with cloud consulting, migration, implementation, cloud application development and managed services. Our experts are helping organizations to unlock the full potential of hybrid and multi-cloud deployments and assist them in completely transitioning from their on-premises IT infrastructure to a cloud-based infrastructure. Talk to our experts to accelerate your digital transformation journey.