Enterprises extensively use Microsoft SharePoint for content management, document management, and harnessing collective knowledge. Launched in 2001, SharePoint is a centralized and secure platform that empowers employees to work collaboratively and efficiently. It is available to users in two versions – SharePoint Online and SharePoint Server (On-premises). SharePoint on-premises is installed on customers’ IT infrastructure and receives fewer updates. In contrast, SharePoint Online is a 100% SaaS offering packaged with a Microsoft 365 (M365) subscription and is the future of the product.
Microsoft periodically releases software updates for SharePoint Online, adding capabilities that modern users need. One of the core capabilities of SharePoint Online is its ability to store and manage documents and other types of content in a centralized location. Users can create, edit, and share documents, presentations, and other files and control access using permissions and versioning features. It also offers powerful collaboration features, such as team and communication sites, where team members can collaborate on projects and share information.
Despite all the amazing capabilities, SharePoint has limitations when it comes to automating complex business processes. While SharePoint’s out-of-the-box functionalities cover the primary business needs of businesses, it can be challenging to utilize the platform to the fullest to meet an organization’s specific process automation needs. That’s where AgreeYa QuickApps comes in.
Overcome SharePoint Limitations with QuickApps
QuickApps is an innovative ‘No-code’ solution with pre-built templates and 21 powerful web apps that help users rapidly implement SharePoint process automation. It enables users to quickly and easily create forms, workflows, dashboards, and reports that meet specific business needs without writing a single line of code. It offers a range of features, including:
- Forms and Templates: QuickApps provides a range of pre-built forms that can be customized to meet specific SharePoint process automation requirements. With QuickApps, users can create forms for feedback, surveys, and more. Users can also use templates to create custom sites, lists, and libraries.
- Dashboards and Reports: QuickApps provides various tools to create custom dashboards and reports that allow users to analyze data and gain insights into the business. With QuickApps, users can create interactive charts, graphs, and tables to visualize data and identify trends quickly.
- Custom Web Parts: QuickApps provides a range of custom web parts that can be used to add functionality and customize the SharePoint environment. With QuickApps, users can add custom navigation menus, search boxes, calendars, and more.
By integrating QuickApps with the SharePoint Online environment, users can increase productivity and streamline business processes by automating tasks and workflows, reducing manual data entry, and improving data accuracy.
Benefits of leveraging QuickApps for Process Automation
QuickApps can transform the SharePoint Online experience with its innovative features. It enables organizations to push the boundaries of SharePoint and maximize the potential of a robust platform without compromising security and compliance. Some of the most prevalent advantages of QuickApps include:
- Empower Business Users: Allows business users to automate new processes or modify existing ones on SharePoint without relying on IT or SharePoint development resources. Business users (non-programmers) can quickly build or customize complex business applications on SharePoint Online or on-premises up to 80% faster using simple point-and-click configuration instead of writing long lines of code.
- Improve Deliveries: Enables organizations to shorten the process automation creation cycle using ready-to-use templates. Templates can be utilized to rapidly create applications such as new employee onboarding, sales reporting, helpdesk, project management, and CRM.
- Short Learning Curve: Empowers business users (non-programmers) to build SharePoint solutions and automate processes quickly by leveraging easy-to-use web apps, pre-built templates, and built-in video tutorials.
- Better Build: Helps extend native capabilities of SharePoint applications by delivering advanced functionalities. As an example, users can include tabular forms to save screen space, implement parent-child relationships to ensure reliable data entry and hide/show when logic governs what data users can see.
Use Cases of SharePoint Process Automation with QuickApps
SharePoint workflow automation is being used extensively across various departments and processes. Below we have enlisted some standard business processes that organizations can automate on SharePoint with QuickApps.
- Employee Onboarding: The onboarding process is a critical part of an employee’s journey and plays a significant role in job satisfaction and retention. However, the manual process can be cumbersome and time-consuming, often leading to delays and errors. QuickApps’s rich assortment of web apps and point-and-click configuration enable business users to automate employee onboarding processes on SharePoint quickly. The end-to-end automation process starts with a new employee filling out an onboarding form with personal details, family details, and mandatory documents. Once the HR team approves, the onboarding process starts, and the new employee is provided with all the necessary information, including their training schedule. The HR dashboard offers a quick reference to the count of new joiners, training status, etc.
- Roster Management System: Managing work schedules is critical for organizations with shift workers, and manually managing rosters can be daunting. QuickApps can be leveraged to build a powerful roster management system on SharePoint, reducing costs and maximizing the platform’s ROI. The system includes roster creation, review, approval, dashboard, present & absent report, and defaulters report. This enables managers, admins, and HR to manage shifts and people more efficiently, providing all the necessary insights to ensure seamless operations.
- IT Ticketing System: IT support ticketing systems are essential for organizations to ensure their operations run smoothly. A SharePoint-based ticketing system provides several benefits, including advanced search, familiarity with the use, easy customization, automated workflow, and maximization of SharePoint ROI. Building a ticketing system on SharePoint with QuickApps is a cost-effective solution as it provides seamless integration with existing systems. With QuickApps, enterprises can implement several features to automate the ticketing system end-to-end, such as approvals, delegations, notifications, email alerts, and escalations of requests.
Maximize SharePoint Online Investments with QuickApps
QuickApps is a powerful tool helping organizations enhance their SharePoint Online experience by adding more functionality and customization options. By integrating QuickApps into the SharePoint environment, users can increase productivity, streamline business processes, improve data accuracy, and create custom solutions that meet the organization’s specific needs.