“By 2024, organizations using Hyper Automation will see over 30% drop in their operational costs”.
Hyperautomation featured at the top of Gartner’s list of strategic technology trends for 2020, and again in 2021. Gartner even predicted that “hyperautomation is an unavoidable market state”.
Today, every organization is flooded with repetitive rules-based tasks which require the least human intellect. When these tasks are automated, organizations can accomplish things quickly, smartly, and efficiently without jeopardizing quality. While Robotic Process Automation (RPA) is already transforming businesses by automating repetitive and rules-based processes, hyperautomation enables organizations to harness the maximum potential of automation.
In this digital-first era, where technology is progressing at a dizzying pace, organizations are looking for tools and technologies to take their automation to the next level. Hyperautomation marks the next evolution in automation and embodies the concept of ‘automation first. According to automation leaders UiPath, “hyperautomation builds on the momentum behind RPA, led by the democratization of automation and IT and accelerated by the liberation of mundane and repetitive tasks for workers across every industry. In many ways, hyperautomation is redefining work.”
What exactly is Hyperautomation?
Hyperautomation stands at the intersection of AI, ML, and RPA and helps organizations venture beyond the realms of RPA. According to Gartner’s report on Top 10 Strategic Technology Trends for 2020, hyperautomation “deals with the application of advanced technologies including AI and machine learning to increasingly automate processes and augment humans.” This approach extends across a range of tools and engulfs the steps of automation (such as discover, analyze, design, automate, measure, monitor, reassess). Hyperautomation expands the breadth and depth of automation. With hyperautomation, organizations can expand their automation scope beyond task automation, and reimagine automation as a highly sophisticated and AI-based process automation.
Benefits of Hyperautomation for Enterprises
Most automation initiatives focus on cost reduction, increase in productivity, efficiency and compliance. Hyperautomation meets such objectives and embraces the future of automation. Today, hyperautomation is pushing the boundaries of automation and empowering organizations to build ‘digital twins’ to redefine work. By adopting hyperautomation, organizations can:
- Reduce lead time by completing tasks in a short period of time.
- Liberate employees from mundane and repetitive tasks and help utilize their potential in other tasks that require human intelligence.
- Free the top management from monotonous tasks so that they can focus on strategy formation.
- Decrease the costs of operations, while eliminating risks and ensuring compliance.
- Optimize and accelerate business processes to meet modern-day standards.
- Improve agility and stay future-ready.
- Enable the integration of digital technologies across various processes and legacy systems, thereby facilitating better access to data and better communication throughout the organization.
Why Hyperautomation is Essential for Testing?
In 2020, more than 4.35 million enterprise applications were developed; that’s a whopping 24.13 percent more than 2019.
-US Business Formation Statistics (BFS) report
And industry experts believe that this momentum will further intensify in 2021. As organizations feverishly try to modernize, centralize, and consolidate their application stacks to match the velocity of technological change, they need a testing infrastructure that can ensure optimum quality and seamless user experience at scale. Traditional test automation solutions have injected speed and quality into modern-day software development delivering big gains. However, the introduction of hyperautomation can amplify these gains and help organizations to reimagine QA. When pitted against the boundless potential of hyperautomation, the coverage of test automation solutions looks very limited. With that in mind, let us go through some of the awesome benefits of hyperautomation in software testing:
- Augments Human Capabilities: It’s first of all important to establish the point that hyperautomation augments human capabilities, it is not here to replace them. With this approach, human testers are freed from a range of repetitive and low-value QA tasks. It empowers the testing resources to focus on complex tasks and upskill themselves.
- Delivers Testing Transformation at Scale: Hyperautomation leverages the new advancements in AI, ML, and Natural Language Processing (NLP) technologies to enable organizations to automate more testing functions across the whole ecosystem. It delivers capabilities such as auto test generation, auto script maintenance, auto bug tracking, automated status report emails. The approach ensures better transparency into the testing process.
- Automates Detection and Validation of Frequently Exercised Use Cases: With hyperautomation, test teams can stay confident that the key functionalities in an app stay intact post a new release or upgrade. Such intelligent testing tools can analyze the production data to determine which of the flows are heavily used by real-world users. The insights gained are then used to auto-generate highly effective automated test scripts.
- Enhances the Test Automation Coverage: The scope of test automation flows is generally restricted to a single application, hyperautomation is an ecosystem of systems and platforms. Hyperautomation coverage touches integrated systems and can encompass all critical components of a larger system as opposed to regression testing applications in isolation. Hyperautomation-powered testing tools will enable teams to test a diverse range of applications, handle complex flows, and dynamic test data requirements.
- Increases Testing Team Productivity: By empowering the testing team with a more extensive strategy involving leading-edge technology and amplifying the degree of automation, organizations can catalyze productivity. Hyperautomation also eliminates various bottlenecks and limitations involved in various stages of test automation and optimizes the process for better yields.
- Boosts ROI with Advanced Capabilities: Hyperautomation helps organizations leverage AI to tap into the immense potential of data. Organizations can pull together data from different sources, which enables them to gain a better and more in-depth understanding of performance. With the help of advanced analytics, organizations can measure the performance and efficiency of their test automation process, perform course corrections in time and save a lot of money in the process.
Today, we are already in a “Automation First” and hyperautomation is helping organizations extend the scope, effectiveness and swiftness of their automation initiatives. However, Gartner shares that success in hyperautomation “requires selection of the right tools and technologies for the challenge at hand”.
Trigger Testing Transformation with BeatBlip
BeatBlip is an AI, RPA, and DevOps powered codeless continuous test and process automation solution. It empowers test teams with a complete toolset for end-to-end testing of UI, APIs, Batch Processes, and Databases. BeatBlip is a technology agnostic solution that supports test automation of modern applications in Agile and DevOps environments. It supports integration with popular ALM tools such as Jira, Bugzilla, Microsoft TFS, GitLabs for auto bug tracking. And for continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipeline, it integrates with tools such as AWS, Jenkins, Bamboo, Microsoft TFS, and Azure DevOps. Request for a Free BeatBlip trial today to watch BeatBlip in action.